ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Heritage Route 9 and 15

We are participating in the Heritage Route 9 and 15 running day next Sunday 15th May.

There is a small selection of vehicles taking part which have been invited by TFL, we are taking RM1357. This will be one of 3 Leyland engined Routemasters there on the day including the open top of Route 2 Hire.

Because of drivers hours and work commitments on Saturday we are driving as far as the Watford area on the Saturday evening and making our way into London on Sunday morning. The guest vehicles will run between 10am and 6pm. We will then be returning to the Watford area in the evening and back to South Wales on Monday morning. Anyone who wants to hitch a ride at any point is more than welcome.

Picture below taken earlier today in my yard of Marina (1357) along with her friends.

Photobucket

My bus number (if any): RM1357 and RML2583

Re: Heritage Route 9 and 15

That's the Kinder bus in the middle.

My bus number (if any): RCL 2259

It certainly is the Kinder bus in the middle Robert, here are a few more pictures of Kinder for you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

They all look nice
I too will be there to ride on leyland engined RMs

My bus number (if any): None yet