ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wedding Bus in Liverpool

Someone has contacted me to request use of a Routemaster at a wedding in March 2012 in Liverpool. Can anyone help directly or by suggesting a company that might be able to offer this service?

My bus number (if any): RM 577

Re: Wedding Bus in Liverpool

Contact Helms of Eastham/Aintree Coachlines, its the same firm. They provide a wedding routemaster service in the Merseyside area, I can personally vouch for them as I hired one of their RMs for my own wedding six years ago. Very friendly and helpful, and they decorated the bus nicely too.

Helms Of Eastham
Hooton Pk Stables
Hooton Lane
Ellesmere Port
Merseyside CH66 1NH
Telephone:
0151 3271078

Fax:
0151 3275060

My bus number (if any): RM531

Many thanks Steve.

My bus number (if any): RM 577

Didn't Helms sell their RM to Ensign recently (and then go to Wales to be swapped with RM25??)

Anyway, Routemaster Buses in Crewe would do Liverpool I would have thought.
http://www.routemasterbuses.co.uk/

Mark
(Surprise that Andy H hasn't already suggested them!!)

My bus number (if any): RM1414 (sort of)

They had two RMs and retained one. So I assume that RM1289 is still available.

My bus number (if any): RM1368

Correct, 1289 is still available, and is the one I hired!
(Eastham in Wirral is nearer to Liverpool than Crewe so may be a more cost effective option regarding mileage)

My bus number (if any): RM531

Sorry Chaps haven't been on line recently..

Would be very happy to quote, 25% of our work comes from the Wirral/Liverpool..

andy

My bus number (if any): too many