ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
9 & 15 route

Hi everyone, I was out with a load of other enthusiasts yesterday for the extra's on the 9 & 15, I would like to thank all the owners for turning up and letting Joe Public loose on their vehicles for the day. It was great fun and smiles to many normals who saw and rode on them...

My bus number (if any): RM66 & 308

Re: 9 & 15 route

Yes Duane it was a thoroughly enjoyable day, I'd like to thank the powers that be at TFL for inviting us, it was nice to take the 1357 back to work for the day as it's nearly 30 years since it retired from the streets of London.

It was good to meet up with fellow enthusiasts with special thanks to Izzie who was a superb conductoress for the day.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And finally the 3 drivers at the end of the day wondering how the 9 turned into a 10 and where was the 9??? Lol :-) Somebody obviously couldn't resist a twiddle!!!

Photobucket

My bus number (if any): RML3583

Re: 9 & 15 route

Hi all , I would would just like to take the opertunity to thank Martin Deveridge and David cooper for giving me the chance to drive there wonderfull Leyland rm's yesterday and what a pleasure it was!.To have th chance to drive two buses that havn't being in service in london for nearly thirty yeras was wonderfull. I'd also like to thank Rodger brown for making the trip up with his leyland rm1654 from Shaftbury and also Ensign and Rodger wright and Simon cowper smith of the London Bus Company for bringing there vehicles out for the day, the two rtl's out from the latter company's,rtl 1076 which hadn't being in service since the late 60's! after it's long exile in Canada and lastly stagecoach and first and tfl for letting the event happen,here's to many more in the future!.

My bus number (if any): n/a