ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LT "District" 1979 Moquette

Hi,
Me & two others have reccently purchased T358 and was wondering if anyone knew where we could get some of the 1979 "District" Moquette as used in the Titans and Metro's.

Cheers.

My bus number (if any): T358

Re: LT "District" 1979 Moquette

Hi all, how wonderful to see another Titan in preservation,there are so few.I was driving one afew weeks ago at a rally number t306 quite near to your one.You could try London Bus Company or Ensign, They both Have Titan's in there dealer stock.Ensign has open-topped and exported loads so should have a good stock of the 1979 District moquette you are after. Regards Jim Gilroy.

My bus number (if any): none yet

Thanks, we shall give them a call!

Our Titan is EXTRA Special, as it is the last survivour of 4 (Traditional Style) Morley's of Whittlesey Titans, and also only one of 2 Morley's Double deckers to survive.

WYV48T was Scrapped
CUL92V Scrapped
A981SYE Scrapped
KYV358X Preserved
A920SYE (Never carried Morleys Livery only Grettons) Loveden Travel - Lincoln
A68THX (Never carried Morleys Livery only London Central White) Scrapped

so as you can see, definatly worth Preserving!

I have T806 which I hope to MOT in the next couple of weeks. It will remain in faded TM travel livery for now if only to allow me to participate in the local ex chesterfield bus event.

If you need electrical advice (or indeed an electrician to carry out work for you) please email me. I have drawings and know the buses. Where are you based?

David

My bus number (if any): RML2276, M1001, T806

London Underground have a huge stash of this at Acton Works (I was at a meeting just last month) and offer a full recovering service. Probably expensive but worth a try.

If your referring to the yellow & brown Moquette, I have a few rolls here at South Mimms. We asked Holdsworth to run a batch for us last year.

Because of minimum order requirements, I have about sufficient to do another three or four Metros/Titans. Happy to let a few rolls go at cost (I will need to check how much this was). You collect obviously.

I think you need about two rolls to do a bus.

Dean

The number of rolls depends on the length and width. When we got the RT moquette re-made the new material rolls were double the width of the old ones and so you could get two sets out of a width and no sewing was necessary for the bench seats. If the width is 55" you can reckon on needing one linear metre per seat frame (cushion and squab) plus the length of any bench seats. Hope this helps.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Dean Sullivan
If your referring to the yellow & brown Moquette, I have a few rolls here at South Mimms. We asked Holdsworth to run a batch for us last year.

Because of minimum order requirements, I have about sufficient to do another three or four Metros/Titans. Happy to let a few rolls go at cost (I will need to check how much this was). You collect obviously.

I think you need about two rolls to do a bus.

Dean

Yes, Please. How much would you be wanting per roll?

Cheers,
Nathan