ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RML 2626 parts list

Hello group, hope everyone's doing well?

Dad has been hard at it the last few months (well, hard at it once a week) straightening the back panels of 2626, replacing the wood under the rear platform and stripping down the front end ready for a re-paint and the engine work. The work so far has gone well but like all things it's just finding the time to actually crack on with it.

Don't know if anyone can help but we're after a few bits n bobs that should pretty much complete the small list of what we need and would be grateful if anyone can help;

- 2 fluorescent tubes for the transmatic lighting and any amount of end caps or surplus parts for it
- The rear under canopy blind handle and ceiling fitment
- A spare wheel
- The shark tooth strip on the step that goes up into the lower saloon
- The rear number plate box (and if possible the light)

Alternatively regarding the number plate box, if we can't get hold of one then if anyone has a good close up photo of one could they be so kind enough to email me a copy so we can make one instead. Obviously if we can get an original it would be easier and quicker but we're just thinking ahead for plan B.

Any help on any of these parts would be very much appreciated guys and we would obviously sort out the pick up for larger or delicate items.

Thanks aagin,

Karl

My bus number (if any): RML 2626

Re: RML 2626 parts list

Hi I have all the tubes out of 2477 removed as is the Transmatic lighting system. Make me an offer and the lot is yours, I'm near Maidstone in Kent, but I'm sure by hook or bycrook, the parts can be delivered.
If you want to call me on 07590 289851 feel free to do so.
Cheers
Jason.

My bus number (if any): RML 2477

I've got a couple of spare number plate boxes and spare rear end frames if there's any other bits you need.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Hi Jason and Roy

Check your inboxes!

Thanks, Karl

My bus number (if any): RML2626