ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM Speedo Head

I am searching for a new speedo head. Can any one advice as to where I might obtain one? Thank you

My bus number (if any): RML2306

Re: RM Speedo Head

which type are you looking for? the refurbished RML's have a speedo with about 5 wires approx connected , some of the older speedos only have 3 wires to connect.
mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

I will need to check on this. This one wasnt a refurb but has had extentive work over the years. I will come back yo you.

Kind regards, mRAK

My bus number (if any): 2306

All RMLs were refurbished at the beginning of the 1990s And varying degrees of wiring so the speedo will not be the original type.
Remove the speedo and all will be revealed as to the type and wiring.
Always a good idea to photograph everything in situ before disassembling.

I thought that all RMLs except 2760 were refurbed Jack, but this one wasn't. This is the RML that was scrapped in 1978 at Wombwell and then a new bus built from scratch using just the original A frame of RML 2306. The bus was rebuilt using bits of RMs and RCLs so it might well have an original RM speedo set up.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Ah! You learn something new every day!

So a simple inspection and description should suffice.

Pretty sure that Metroline's RML903 wasn't refurbed either - still AEC !

My bus number (if any): RML 2747 & Ex Gash DD6