ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seat Cushions and Backs for a Dennis Dart

Good Afternoon everyone,

I know this thread is totally off topic and even model, but i wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I have recently bought a 1996 Dennis Dart 9.0 metre with a Plaxton body. I have just stripped all the seats out so that the vehicle is ready for conversion, and i have a full set of seat cushions and backs that are in Arriva trim and extremely good condition. I also have a full set of windows and frames (excluding doors as screen) that are again complete.

I really feel that these items are too good to chuck away and wondered if anyone would be interested in buying them. Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Chris

My bus number (if any): RML 2719

Re: Seat Cushions and Backs for a Dennis Dart

Hi Chris - how about putting a free ad in the back of Bus and Coach Preservation magazine as this seems to cater for more modern buses as well as older models ?

My bus number (if any): RML 2747 & Ex Gash DD6

or Ebay or Dick Gilbert's small ads section here :http://www.skylineaviation.co.uk/buses/help.html

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Watch out on eBay. I bid 99p for a full set of Metrobus cushions and no one else bid against me. Great for me but not good for the seller. Even if you want to do someone a favour watch your first bid price.

My bus number (if any): RML2276, M1001, T806

Or at least set a reasonable reserve!

My bus number (if any): RLH62

Thanks for your input everyone, ideally it would be good if i could find a local preservation society but i am struggling to find one.

if anyone knows of one, i would appreciate the heads up.

Thanks and regards

Chris

My bus number (if any): RML 2719