ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Uniforms

Hello all,
Does anyone know of any uniform suppliers? I'm particularly after hats in keeping with traditional conductor style.
Thanks

Re: Uniforms

Compton Webb used to supply LT and a lot of municipal companies with uniform items. I know they still supply helmets, caps and berets to the police and army.

They may be able to help you ex-stock but custom made caps may be expensive unless you get a few people to do an order with you.

The CW website is down at the moment so here is the street address and phone number:

Compton Webb
Gosforth Road
Derby
DE24 8HU
United Kingdom
Phone : +44 (0)1332 381392

Jim

My bus number (if any): RLH62