ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Iveco flywheel inner bearing

I have to go to Austria to replace the inner flywheel bearing on Iveco engined RML2693. Does anyone know the size or part number of this bearing. It is the same inner size as the AEC bearing, but the Iveco flywheel uses a differnet flywheel bowl to the AEC arrangement.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Re: Iveco flywheel inner bearing

A call to Brixton garage might be worth the effort. AEC are a bit of a law unto themselves - all the threads are imperial, but all the dimensions are metric until you actually measure something like an oil seal, bearing housing etc. The Iveco flywheel bowl ought to be metric unless it had to be bored out to match an imperial bearing.

Isn't this the bearing however that LT had to have specially made for the AEC, because of failure problems?

roythebus
did you have any luck finding those bearings?

I know where to find them, either in the middle of the flywheel or my local bearing dealer!! It's the part number or bearing size I need to know, preferably without taking the flywheel off first.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

If you highlight Tony's email (in blue) you'll be able to contact him direct, he may well have what you want.

Sorry for the delay in posting this information, but I have lost his phone number and until he replied to this enquiry I had no other contact details.