ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Peterborough Bus Rally 2011

Just a reminder that this annual event is next Sunday, July 10th at Sacrewell Farm and Country Centre

Details http://www.busrally.co.uk/

In addition to the thirty six really interesting vehicles intending to come eleven Routemasters are expected and more may pitch up on the day. Many will be operating the free bus services to Nene Valley Railway which also has a vintage vehicle event with cars, traction engines, real ale and lineside mail exchanges with the travelling post offices.

The eleven promised are:

RM 238
RM 471
RM 541
RM 577
RM 1797
RM 1842
RM 2213
RML 2391
RML 2412
BEA 1
RML 2740

Other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s attending incude RT 4317, GS 17 and Titan KYV 358X

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471 & 2213. GS 17

Re: Peterborough Bus Rally 2011

Looking forward to bringing RML2391 over to Sacrewell . Will you be bringing the nitrogen over Chris ?

Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Yes, will arrange for Nitrogen to be there as well as Schrader High Pressure accumulator valves and full range of RM bulbs.

Rob Duker, sales officer of the Routemaster Association will be there. It might be worth contacting him if anyone wants him to bring anything.

Cheers, Chris

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471 & 2213. GS 17

Thanks for a very well-organised rally, Chris! Very enjoyable.

Put me down for next year (but please spell my name correctly in the programme next time!).

John B

My bus number (if any): RM 577

Just to echo John's comments. A very well organised and thoroughly enjoyable event. The welcome pack for bus entrants was a particularly nice tocuh!

My bus number (if any): RM1699 Eastbourne Regent V 69 (KHC369)