ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RT Lifeguard iron assembly (stump pillar to guard rail brackets No 4 pillar)

We are getting some lifeguard iron assemblies made for the stump pillars in front of the rear wheels (No 4 pillar) These are the brackets that bolt to the stump pillar bracket and hold the guard rail irons in place. It's an assembly of two parts bolted together,the main plate which is swaged and a small triangular plate that fixes inside the swage.
These assemblies are often rusted away in the centre and failure means the guard rail comes adrift. The plates will be precision made with all holes drilled and rust proofed, they will be an exact replica of the LT part numbers RT 158/9 N1.

If you want a pair the cost will be £16 each or £32 for a bus set, They will be delivered free of charge in mid September if you are in the south east of England en route to , or near Manchester, if not other arrangements can be made, maybe for collection from regular posters to this Forum. Please let me if you want a pair ASAP as I need to cofirm the totals.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Re: RT Lifeguard iron assembly (stump pillar to guard rail brackets No 4 pillar)

Just to be clear, these are not the angles that attach to the guard rail itself, its the plate above. Look here, http://www.flickr.com/photos/34955393@N04/5794347352/in/photostream/
its the middle part

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Re: RT Lifeguard iron assembly (stump pillar to guard rail brackets No 4 pillar)

I'll have 3 sets off you Brian, I've got a few RTs under restoration at the mo!

Have you got any of the between decks ironwork?

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Forgot to say if anyone needs RT timbers, I'm making some at the moment for RT3126 (I think).

My bus number (if any): RML2532