ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parts wanted

Hi I am looking for the following parts any assistance welcolme
1. drop down windows and winders -to replace hoppers
2. headlamp surround trims
3. winders (2no) for front opening cab windows
4. front indicator ears (pair)
5. rear numberplate box & lamp
6. rear lights,stop, arrow indicators
7. front vent grill and hindges under indicator

Thanks hopefully

Chris

My bus number (if any): RM1977

Re: Parts wanted

For the front indicators here is how I got mine....

The mounts are from the RM Association. (re-manufactured part)

The swivels were a chance find on ebay.

The rubbers from the RM association (re-manufactured part)

The lens were picked up from various transport rallies over the years.

The reflective insert I made out of aluminium.

Took me about 2 years to get that lot I'm afraid.

My bus number (if any): RML2344

That's a long list of expensive cosmetic items. One could quite possibly get the B frame overhauled for the same price that lot could come to! Value not price.

All scarce items, looking at around £2000 for that lot. Tend to be the items that people will sit on or keep as spares for their own vehicles as they are so difficult to replace.
RM association best place to start as they have some items and some are reproduced.
EBay or keep asking around, stuff will always show up

Good luck

Hi I am looking for the following parts any assistance welcolme
1. drop down windows and winders -to replace hoppers
2. headlamp surround trims
3. winders (2no) for front opening cab windows
4. front indicator ears (pair)
5. rear numberplate box & lamp
6. rear lights,stop, arrow indicators
7. front vent grill and hindges under indicator

In reverse order...Are you sure the front heater intake grille isn't still in place, but covered in a sheet of aluminium? Many, including mine were, but sadly some were removed and completely panneled over.
Headlamp rims- Hydrajaws in Birmingham make new ones. Contact "Royston"
Rear indicator and lamp boxes- Blackpool busworks. And one of their customers had some made too.
Front ears- as said RMOOA
Number plate box- they turn up.
Cab window winders- hens teeth I'm afraid
The biggest job is the quarter drop windows. You dont just need the quarter drops, you need the winder bars from the top of the fixed panes, the toothed strips which the teeth engage into, the trims for the inside....big job. I have done front ones...these are the hardest to obtain I'm afraid, as they are shorter. You will probably be able to get most of the parts required from PVS scrapyard in Barnsley, there are lots still fitted to the scrappers, but it will be quite a salvage job, but of course, possible with determination.
Keep your eyes open on the other (Network 54) forum, there has been discussion recently of some of these parts being offered, new and repro.

My bus number (if any): RM531