ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PVS Now with photo's

Visited, for the first time, PVS yesterday. Very helpful once they realised I was a serious buyer.

There are 5 Routemasters as well as a Titan (T5xx was Cambridge Police vehicle) and a Metrobus (M13xx)

The Routemasters are;

and separately

710 which looks to be open top.

Managed to get the brake test switch I needed.

David

My bus number (if any): M1001 RML2276 T806

Re: PVS Now with photo's

Surprised that two RMs which were in good condition have ended up there.

Sad to see so much butchery to retrieve parts, renders other items useless.
It there are just 4 left at PVS then maybe the time has come to aquire these remnants and properly dismantle them as the components could be stored in a fraction of the space and much of what is left is not reproduceable.

On an off -RM question, did you happen to see if there was the shell of an RT in the 'Matchbox' livery still in the PVS yard ?

helo all,

following recent reports that there was only 4 RM types at PVS, I would like to confirm that this is not the case.

All 12 or so buses are still parked where they have been for the last decade and there are no plans to dispose of them.

Andy

Thanks for the correction Andy H. I did say (and show pics of) 5 not 4 but if you are correct then I am a bit annoyed as I was shown only the four together and was told that is it. I happened upon the fifth on the way in so perhaps I am not surprised about these other 7. I am going back soon so will have another look.

Where in relation to those I have seen are these other 5 buses and do we know what they are.

The approx positions of what I saw are

2609 and then over to the right 710

over to the right of the yard is the OFFICE

While on the left
is the MAIN BUILDING

Oh and Buf01, I didn't notice an RT but then it appears I missed 7 RM's so what do I know

My bus number (if any): M1001 RML2276 T806

The shell of the Matchbox RT is still at PVS.

My bus number (if any): RM44. RM1138

David,

the other RMs you missed sit along the same wall as the 4 you took photos of approx 20feet to the left of 2410(?) !

Andy

Thanks Andy I will have a look when I return

My bus number (if any): RML2276 etc