ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Front Bump Stops

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get 4 bumps stops for an RM?

Many thanks

Martin

My bus number (if any): RML2583 and RM1357

Re: Front Bump Stops

I tried my usual suppliers 4 years ago and none available. I don't think Lionel Moss has any either.

You could make some by cutting blocks of rubber and glueing them onto the metal plate.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Not sure what parts you mean Martin, although Roy seems to, do you mean the rubber blocks on the front bar to which the radiator grille fixes?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

I am looking for some too, these are attached to both wishbones ie 4 per vehicle.

Hi Roys

Colin The Doc says we can get them from here -

stock items from Walker Rubber and plastics
Norwich.

Brian

Yes it is the 4 on the wishbones, probably badly described by me. They're held on by two bolts each and they are officially called the bump stops.

If it turns out that I can't get them off the shelf I have actually today bought 4 Land Rover ones which fit the old series 3/2a's, these are only about £13.50 for the 4 They are a little bit too big however I'm sure I could cut them down and reshape them to the correct size if I have to.

Whenever I source parts from where ever or get bits matched up I always keep a record of the supplier and part numbers etc which I am happy to pass on to others. It would probably be a good idea if a few of us could do the same and we would build up a good data base of where to go for what.

I will keep you posted.

Martin

My bus number (if any): RML2583 and RM1357