ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Busworks

I hear via a contact (in Manchester) that Busworks, in Blackpool, have gone into liquidation. Is that true or just rumour control making it up?

My bus number (if any): RLH62

Re: Busworks

I think this should be removed asap whatever, it's already spread to the other channel.

If this is only a rumour, which I hope it is, it could seriously damage a business.

Martin

My bus number (if any): RML2583 and RM1357

Martin your point is well made but its not just a rumour it comes a reputable source who would know and others who also now know are saying its been on the cards for some time, Its not just on here its all over the internet, its on Facebook and people who post on Forums other than Routemaster ones seem to know all about it. What I would be concerned about is if its true (and I hope that if it is true a buyer can be found) is if I was an owner of a bus there that might now be caught up in a legal situation. Have the owners been informed and kept in the picture? The story now is buses must be out of the place by Monday, hope there are enough places for them to go and people willing to help the evacuation.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Well Brian if that is the case that's very sad news indeed.

If this is the case the concern would be for the customers buses that are there in bits as that would be an absolute nightmare finding out what parts belonged to what bus and that's when things can easily go missing.

Martin

My bus number (if any): RML2583 and RM1357

While I can't comment on Busworks, there's been similar situations before, for instance when Bus engineering closed down. There were customers' buses there at the time but I believe matters were resolved. The latest was when J&S electrical components in Rainham went down last year.

The K&ESR had some items from the GWR railcar there for repair. Luckily they were retrieved and not binned! the problem is the people with the knowledge usually disappear too, leaving a huge knowledge vacuum which cannot be replaced.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

I can't find any links to this on the 'net, but I do have a friend with a bus up there that is part way through restoration. Any details would be helpful particularly if they refer to deadlines for removal of property.

Being in Manchester I must stress that I am not Jims contact.
I have heard bits of information from various sources and have discussed the topic amongst a small closed circle of friends.
If it is the case be it liquidation or administration or whatever there is a legal process that has to be followed which I guess would happen Monday or Tuesday if anything is being done.

The Busworks is just a trading name (as is ClassicBus Lancashire) of Totally Transport Community Interest Company

Roy, I would suggest your friend as he is a client (and potentially either a creditor or debtor if all this is true) contact them on Monday as a matter of urgency

Mark

My bus number (if any): RM1414 (sort of)

Thanks very much Mark, I have managed to contact him, but he of course is not getting any reply from Blackpool.

Interesting to see that there is a holding company involved.

Mark P
Being in Manchester I must stress that I am not Jims contact.

What's wrong with being my contact? I thought I was a nice person too ;-)

My bus number (if any): RLH62

There is indeed a legal process to go through. you need to find out who the liquidators/administrators are. Your property remains your property and as such cannot be sold by liquidators.

You may well be debtors, i.e. owing the ceased company money for work carried out or parts supplied. The liquidators can and will chase you for those sums as they will want to get their fees!

Your property can't be sold to pay the debts of the ceased company.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Jim Pullen

What's wrong with being my contact? I thought I was a nice person too ;-)

Nothing wrong with being your contact Jim!
Just emphasising that I wasn't your source on this occasion. Now have you heard about........

Roy; I understand the land line number to be only at the South Shore premises with no out of hours divert so would guess that it would only be answered during weekday business hours. There is no holding company involved, both the repair side and the bus operation side are one and the same legal entity but using two trading names that 'do what they say'
For example Stagecoach Manchester is a trading name, the actual company name is Greater Manchester Buses South Limited.

Mark

My bus number (if any): RM1414 (sort of)

CLASSIC BUS NORTH WEST LIMITED
11 ADMIRAL HEIGHTS
164 QUEENS PROMENADE
BLACKPOOL
LANCASHIRE
UNITED KINGDOM
FY2 9GJ
Company No. 07716856

which was incorporated on 25th July. Normal service will resume shortly perhaps.

The above is available to all on www.companieshouse.gov.uk

Then use the web check service which is free.

My bus number (if any): I wanted M425 but someone decided it should be destroyed.

Is that the company name in administration or the bus hire arm of the business? Reliable sources suggest the Bus Works side of the business is unlikely to reopen anytime soon and buses are to be removed by their owners. Maybe Paul can update us on what is happening with his MD?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs