ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Floor trap Bolts

Hi Chris

I had a quote in the past to supply the bolts you are looking for but needed to buy a hundred or so. I didn't get much interest from anyone at around a fiver each. Since then I visited Cobham when they had the clear out of mainly non RM parts and bought a couple of un-identified floor traps complete with bolts so I was able to replace mine where needed. (I also bought a couple of MB or SM or something, heater switch assemblies which use a Routemaster Arrow switch. Most RM owners seemed to ignore these items).

I can resurrect the enquiry if enough are interested.

David

PS

May I remind contributors that the main page header states "Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum." so things do not stop in 1968.

My bus number (if any): RML2276, M1001, T806

Re: Floor trap Bolts

Don't understand the PS, if people are contributing they are aware of what can and cannot be posted on here. However, are these screws the same size and thread as on the RT? If so I have a couple of spares that I can let you have Chris, I will be in the UK at the end of next month.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

????????????

"Whilst this might be a laudible aim, it doesn't affect Routemasters..................."

David Colin
Hi Chris
(I also bought a couple of MB or SM or something, heater switch assemblies which use a Routemaster Arrow switch. Most RM owners seemed to ignore these items).

If this is the heater control which are found on the lower saloon front bulkhead I have been after one of these for years.

Do you have one available? If it is indeed what I'm thinking of.

My bus number (if any): RML2344

I think RT/RF floor trap bolts are BSW, RM are UNF.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Yes I had a feeling that would be the case Roy. Maybe a visit to PVS and a root around some of the other buses of the era Atlanteans, Fleetrlines, VRs etc might be productive if anyone is going that way?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Hello....Are we talking gearbox floor trap here? If so a number were removed at Cambridge and stored at Royston; later stored at Harston; should be still in RMOOA stock somewhere complete with bolts. I believe I have a spare bolt or two if anyone is in need. E mail me if so. Ian.

My bus number (if any): RM446 and RM765

Well known auction site
item number; 250880741806

The seller has told me he has about 2 dozen left (having bought a couple off him)

Mark

My bus number (if any): RM1414 (sort of)