ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM 113 & 2133

RM 113 & 2133 Victoria, Canada. Both have been out of use for some time, but there are plans to return them to service next year.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: RM 113 & 2133

RM113 still registered VLT 113 now alive and kicking (quite hard actually!) on a sightseeing service in Victoria, capital of British Columbia. Took several photos but don't know how to get them on here. A topless DMS was also spotted but of unknown fleet number.
There are qite a few RMs in Toronto doing sightseeing trips but couldn't track down a stationary one to investigate.
Also saw RCL 2255 in Niagara doing likewise and had quite a chat with the driver who happens to be an enthusiast, not just doing a job.
Life in the old girls yet!

My bus number (if any): RT 3183

Chris Powis
RM113 still registered VLT 113 now alive and kicking (quite hard actually!) on a sightseeing service in Victoria, capital of British Columbia. Took several photos but don't know how to get them on here. A topless DMS was also spotted but of unknown fleet number.
There are quite a few RMs in Toronto doing sightseeing trips but couldn't track down a stationary one to investigate.
Also saw RCL 2255 in Niagara doing likewise and had quite a chat with the driver who happens to be an enthusiast, not just doing a job.
Life in the old girls yet!

I think it may have been Mark Beckham you were talking to Chris. Mark moved to Toronto after the Routemasters on the 38 were replaced by Bendy Buses at Clapton Garage. Like me, Mark preferred being a crew driver.

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver/Restoration consultant)

Ooooh, a New York Mancunian behind!

Sadly looking to be powertrain less despite the shiny paint...

My bus number (if any): RM1414 sort of