ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Excellent news for London bendybus fans (!)

Lovers of London bendybuses, there must be some, can take delight that today, Monday, Arriva commenced operation of ex London Citaro artics on the long city centre- airport routes 500/501 in Liverpool. Observed in operation were BX04 MXV, BX04 LDD and I think BX04 LOD. The route follows what was the old Green Goddess high speed tram route through Aigburth, Speke, Garston to the airport, and apart form a short stretch of wide road through Toxteth, is almost entirely wide dual carriageways and boulevards, entirely suited to the type. Their progress will be monitored closely!

My bus number (if any): RM531

Re: Excellent news for London bendybus fans (!)

Even better for those who think that the Bendy Bus wasn't suited to London, they went to Malta where the streets are even more marrow then they are in London.

Irony doesnt even enter to the equation!

My bus number (if any): RM308

I am not particularly a fan but as I have said elsewhere, they form apart of the history of London Transport and one should be preserved. If Arriva want to donate one I will look after it.

David

My bus number (if any): RML2276 M1001 T806

Surely the title should read "Excellent news for the London bendybus FAN"??

If there are bendybus fans, go to Utrecht where they have 3-part artics ar 90 second headways at college time at Utrecht Centraal station, quite impressive to watch.

My bus number (if any): RML2532