ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
159 RERUN AND CHRISTMAS LIGHTS TOUR

hi guys and girls just a note to say that the 159 rerun and christmas lights tour will be on december the 10th. will post full details later.regards.tim.

My bus number (if any): rm2023 2097 RML2388

Re: 159 RERUN AND CHRISTMAS LIGHTS TOUR

Thanks for details Tim , anyone doing the xmas lights tour ? This is organized by John Hinson and is expected to leave from Marble Arch around 4pm . Hopefully I will be taking a ride on one of John's buses

Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

hi mark and all the plan is to meet at prince albert road to the side of regents park at between half nine and ten to be away by half past ten for a run to thornton heath then return to hyde park to lay over ready to take part in the christmas lights.anyone wishing to contact me can do so on 07881897945.if you wish to do the lights run you will need to book with john hinson on the self preservation society website as you will need a pass for hyde park which john will sort out for you.kind regards.tim

My bus number (if any): rm2023 2097 RML2388

I don't know if people are aware of the Oxford St & Regent St closures on that Saturday - see the info on this link:-

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/whatson/traffic-free-shopping-day-london-feature-1467.html

My bus number (if any): RM 848

I hope the organisers are aware of the many road closures all over the place on saturday and sunday this weekend, also the huge influx of families with kids as this event has become a major family thing so drivers be extra vigilant for the lemmings who never look when crossing.

Theres always the Uxbridge road, plenty of lights, traffic gridlock and ...no bendies!!