ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paint code for Chinese Green

Hi,

I was on the phone today to HMG paints as I am after some Chinese Green for the bottom of the seat bases. The paint code I have is for F2604 Dark Chinese Green which I got from the LT museum.

The chap I spoke to didn't recognise the paint code or the description. I'm just wondering if anyone else as any other information or code.

I have never had any problems with any other F**** numbers before.

Many thanks

Tom

My bus number (if any): RML2344

Re: Paint code for Chinese Green

Try Avenue Coatings, Slough. they are familiar with LT paint codes and supplied my last pot of Sung Yellow.

i don't have their phone number to hand.

My bus number (if any): RML2532 Keeping Europe's Routemasters on the road.

Avenue Coatings, Slough. 01753 686888

Do you have the LT paint code for Chinese Green?

Have also tried Ace Coatings South Ltd. No joy with the description.

I suspect the LT ref is the F number. I may have another reference in my standox catalogue.

Over the years there's been a lot of enquiries for paint codes I'm fairly certain the F is something to do with the paint being brushable.

My bus number (if any): was RM196 sort of

I see there is a web address for Avenue and they also have lots of other interesting things besides paint -http://www.tools-paint.com/

My bus number (if any): RML2302

I think what I am going to do is take one of the scuttles (i think that is what they are called) to my local paint suppliers.

Not what I was hoping to do but I do need these painted quite soon.

Many thanks for all you help.

Tom

paint code we have from hmg is f 1949 chinese green matt we had made at their rainham in essex place before their paint mixing moved to manchester or birmingham

My bus number (if any): RCL2238

Tom
The seat scuttles are gloss and were stove enamelled. The seat backs ( squabs) were painted at overhaul if the rexine/moquette was not replaced and that is a matt paint. The rexine is closer to grey than the chinese green which is the colour of the plastic window surrounds.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

I have all the squabs all covered in rexine and ready to go. Its just the scuttles which I am looking for a colour for.

I have given one to the paint supplier which I use so they can match it.

Tom

Having just found my 1996 Standox paint catalogue, they list the following:

Dark Chinese Green Herb ref. 17004
Sung Yellow Herb ref. 17002

Lincoln Green is BS381C 276 as a matter of interest.

Standox don't list their own numbers for these. ISTR Cannons MSA at Mitcham are Standox dealers and may be able to help if Avenue Coatings can't.

Cannons MSA 0208 687 3850