ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
207 - RML2366 Run 9th Dec

If anyone would like to join us from the forum we will be running RML2366 on the 207 on the last day of bendies (9th Dec) from 2130 hours.

We have a few places available if you wish to travel with us please drop me a e-mail adam.shailes@alwaysattend.com off forum and I will confirm we can carry you.

For those who may be out taking pictures into the late evening, we will attempt to run to this timetable ...
http://redroutemaster.com/207/111205%20207%20Last%20day%20of%20bendies.pdf

Ironically the end of mainstream Bendies operation will fall on the Friday 9th December 2011, just 6 years after mainsteam Routemaster operation finished (and RML type operation in London). Which RML2366 itself worked the 159 and was out on the last day in public service.

The 207 route also passes the very place that built Routemasters, AEC Southall. Builders of London Buses.

RML2366 worked the 207 from HL and later UX during the 1980s when Routemasters before the 207 was convected again in 87 to OPO.

Subject to me either making some blinds or anyone that can lend us a set 2366 will be out in 207 blinds.

Regards

Adam and Darren
RML2366 and RMA58

My bus number (if any): RML2366 & RMA58

Re: 207 - RML2366 Run 9th Dec

Hi Adam

Will you be running the current 207 route or is the 427 part included

David

My bus number (if any): RML2276

in reply for Adam, we will be running the OLD 207 before it was bendy.
We are going to Uxbridge STN and then Shepards Bush Green, we would like to goto the Caxton Road Stand, but i am told its not there anymore, they built part of westfields on it.

So yes, 207 and 427

Yep, the proper old 207 route ...... tho as Darren has said Shepherd Bush is a unknown, not sure if the the Westfield access road has any of those TfL authorised buses signs on.

Hayes, does the current 207 stop on those roundabouts? at present we were just going to carry onto Uxbridge.

Try and get some pics of 2366 next to some Bendies.

Adam

Presumably the 427 becomes pointless with the removal of bendies, 207 can become the same as it was - which was at least less confusing than 2 totally different route numbers.

Hi Adam. RML 2366 was the last ever Routie I travelled on in public service the day before the 159 was finally axed in December 2005. I had ridden from Marble Arch to Streatham garage on RM 1145 and I waited with hundreds of others outside the garage. When the time came to leave I was at the bus stop as 2366 swung empty out of the garage entrance ready for a trip to the West End. We piled on board and were given a lively ride back. My memory is of noisy brakes and a few missed gear changes. I'm glad 2366 is in good hands andf hope you have a good trip on Dec. 9.

My bus number (if any): RM1001

Getting ready for tonight run:
Photobucket

Thanks Mike, when we got her in Aug 09 the flywheel bearing was tired, it needed some TLC and lots of other stuff which you cant see. But she now runs really well and lives with RMA58 in Brentford.

Adam

My bus number (if any): RML2366 + RMA58