ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scam -be warned

I have just been telephoned by a poorly spoken Asian claiming to be from "Windows". He claimed that I am supposed to be having trouble with my computer which is apparently not working properly and displaying error messages. In order to fix this I need to do what he says.
When I asked for his contact telephone number or his email address, "he wasn't allowed to tell me".
I told him I didn't believe he was who he claimed to be and hung up.
"Windows" doesn't exist as a company,it is a trademark he would have been working for Microsoft.
Be warned!
I didn't think quickly enough at the time , but I should have kept him talking while someone else in the house rang the Police to get the number traced.

.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2011/mar/01/microsoft-virus-scam-continues

Re: Scam -be warned

I've had the same thing Roy (twice), except it was a lady. Like you I realised it must be a scam as Windows isn't a company but I'm afraid all I did was say "RUBBISH!" and put the phone down. Of course 1471 revealed that the caller had "withheld their number"...

My bus number (if any): RML2302

Wait till the Nigerian phones up and says you'll get $7m from his great aunt who recently died and you're a beneficiary...

My bus number (if any): RML2532 Keeping Europe's Routemasters on the road.

Hoho - yep, that's a cracker too Roy

My bus number (if any): RML2302