ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
December movements at Ensign

I notice from Ross Newman's monthly newsletter that RF319, RML2683 and ex Southdown Tiger DUF179 have been acquired for the Heritage Fleet at Ensign.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471, 2213 and GS17

Re: December movements at Ensign

Hi all,also utility daimler D27 and van bodied stl175 back from the usa for the museum collection.

My bus number (if any): none yet!

Hi all

Sorry for this 'Test' reply but my provider has just wiped out all my saved info and I am now putting it back.

Once again sorry for this particular reply

Claire :-)

My bus number (if any): RML 2330 + others

Anyone know if Ensign have the former RT 4686 now numbered RT 1239, its a Saunders bodied RT? Also anyone know the cabless RT in poor state shown here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26024754@N07/5672460875/

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Hi Brian,they have indeed got rt4686,I have pictures of it from my trip to Ensign yesterday,I will try and post them on the forum.It is awaiting restoration and is without its roofbox at the moment,it will be done up as you say as rt1239,My contact at Ensign tells me they have relavant documents including reg plates etc

My bus number (if any): none yet

Thanks Jim. The original registration plate (and by default LT stock number) carried by the body when new was obtained from the DVLA, with the backing of the RT/RF Register, long before the sale to Ensign.
I can understand the desire to change the registration of a preserved bus which has lost its original plate like BL 49 and a lot of RMs, but I can't quite see the point of doing it if your bus still has its last registration and stock number from LT.
This bus ran as RT 4686 for 5 years, the original RT 1239 had an old RT3 headboxed body and was sold by LT in 1963 and presumably scrapped, but the original chassis on RT 1239 was on RT 1914 and that was scrapped in 1970.
This is not the only bus to be "re-registered" to its original identity, although RT 3198 now RT 3238 took the original registration number of its chassis, not the body. It would be interesting to see who the DVLA would grant a registration to if two owners of preserved buses wanted the same original registration plate if one had the original body and the other the original chassis, that would put the DVLA's points system to the test!

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs