ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RMOOA EVENTS 2012

Just a big reminder that 2012 is a big year for AEC as it celebrate 100 years and rmooa will be there celebrating as well we would like as many routemasters to join the AEC 100 Event in May at Newark it is a 2 day show .This is supported by other makes as well and we understand that there will also be a collection of a bedford vals as they celebrating 50 years
so if you can attend please appy now via our website or AEC site
If you own a RT/RF come and join us as well.We must not forget RMC50 ,We would like to celebrate this at North Weald in July let get as many RMCs as possible for this ocassion

AEC gathering in Newark

What dates in May? Cheers, Chris

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471, 2213 and GS17

Re: RMOOA EVENTS 2012

When is the North Weald event in July.

Cheers Mitch

My bus number (if any): RMC 1462

AEC rally is at Newark showground on 26th and 27th May , North Weald 1st July.

Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

RMOOA EVENTS 2012

Peterborough Bus Rally Sunday 15th July http://www.busrally.co.uk

Free admission. Free tea & coffee for visiting bus crews (and RMOOA members without buses!)

Loads of free bus services to Nene Valley Railway, free bus from Peterborough station.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471, 2213 and GS17

Looking a bit further forward , 2014 will be the 60th year of the routemaster . As we had RM40 and RM50 events is there any likelyhood of a RM60 event ?
Would think it would be a good idea to start planning such an event . Thought for the RMOOA perhaps to consider at the AGM in Feb ?

Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Mark
Will bring it up but a event like RM40/RM50 took a lot of hard work and a lot of helpers ,We would need members to help us ,That reason why RM40/RM50 were such a success, hopefully other owners will respond to this notice and tell us if it should be celebrated.....
Do not forget that this year is RMC50 and a display will be at North weald and maybe somewhere else??
And RMOOA will be supporting the AEC 100 Rally at Newark and would like to see as many Routemasters there as possible can you afford to miss it 100years of AEC will not see it again

In July 1995, the RMOOA organised a Routemaster only
London to Brighton run which was for me, still one of the best days out I have had in a Routemaster.
It was brilliantly organised with buses departing Millbank at allotted times (I think every five minutes)
arriving at Brighton Marina at regular intervals throughout the morning.
Could this event be resurrected for one of the above milestones? I realise it would still take an enormous amount of organisation and logistics but it would probably attract more family members than would normally attend a static event.
I know with fuel prices never likely to fall significantly this would not suit everyone but RM 50 showed that people are willing to travel for the right event.
The HCVS have a London - Brighton run in May but the past few years the weather has been unkind which is why late July would probably suit better.
I would be interested to hear anyones views on the subject (I did have some photos that I took on the day of RM5 which I drove there but have misplaced)

My bus number (if any): RML2613

Following RMOOA AGM today,I can annouce that 2012
we will be supporting the AEC 100 EVENT at Newark on May 27th/28th, we have been kindly invited to attend by the AEC SOCIETY We understand that already 240 vehicles have entered the event so far including ensignbus,London Bus Musuem Routemasters are AEC ,so book now for AEC 100 stay 2 days camp on site ,Also a convoy is planned from AEC Southall to Newark
Visit the AEC Society webpage form a entry form and come enjoy 100 years of AEC,RMOOA sale stand will be there
2nd event is RMC50 Which will be at London Bus musuem ,Brooklands on October 21st we also would like RMAs/RCLs to attend this event as well
Please see more in the next RMOOA Magazine
If you love your routemaster then AEC100 is for you

This is a link to the AEC society event page

http://www.aec2012.org.uk/rally.php

You can download a booking form

My bus number (if any): RML2276 T806 M1001