ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RT for sale

I'm looking for a good home for my RT2629; it's partly stripped for restoration and has been kept undercover for the last 15 years or so; it was a runner but is not presently driveable due to the dismantling. It was complete except the nearside headlamp.

Some retimbering has been done by me and others before. there's also some spares, including brand new bonnet tops! Also new window rubber for the saloon windows; the radiator is not on the bus but has been stored in my workshop for years.

Offers by email please.

My bus number (if any): RML2532 Keeping Europe's Routemasters on the road.

Re: RT for sale

Hi,

How much are you looking for her?
Cheers

Re: RT for sale

There is also a second Rt for sale, looks good, class 6 ticket BUT has been condemned for further psv use due to the usual timber/body rot. the upper deck waist rail does not exist and the side need rebuilding, which is a shame as the owner had recently spent a lot of money on a repaint. It "should" be ok for rallying etc, but NOT for carrying more than 8 passengers!

My bus number (if any): RML2532 Keeping Europe's Routemasters on the road.