ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lighting problems

Got a couple of minor lighting probs to fix .
Firstly the lower saloon bulkhead advert light doesn't work , anyone know what circuit it's wired to and if there's any c/b's or fuses to check ?
Secondly , the rear destination lights not working , all other destination lights are ok , any thoughts ?
RML 2391 Leaside refurb

Thanks

Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Re: Lighting problems

AFAIK the advert lights were disconnected at refurb, never to work again. they were originally wired into the charging circuit.

My bus number (if any): RML2532 Keeping Europe's Routemasters on the road.

Mark

If the other destination lights are working, you should start checking at the n/side dest above platform, the rear dest being supplied from this location. Open the rear dest box and check at the incoming terminal block with a multimeter/voltage tester for a 24v supply, in particular check the connections at the terminal block, and check any connections behind the 'lovers seat'. I assume you have checked the tubes, although I would have thought it unlikely both units had become faulty. Good luck.

My bus number (if any): RCL2250

Thanks for replies , will post any progress .
Must be a way of getting the bulkhead advert panel to work again ?
mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Hi Mark,

The panel on 66 was not working, I just took a live feed in from the cab (above head) and ran a new feed via an inline fuse and new switch and a new return earth...

Have just removed and overhauled the advert panel on 308 and also renewed the front top curved panels at the same time...lots of rivets to drill but worth doing if you are going to sort the panel out. You can clean and paint behind them and shine up the bell!!! have fun...

My bus number (if any): RM 66 and RM 308