ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scottish Scrap Yard Routemasters

I have just found these pictures of two RM's I spotted in the late 1990's in a scrap yard on one of the cross country A roads that link Edinburgh to the M74

Not sure what they are but looked rather sad with one laying on its side.

Does anyone know any details of these buses?

David

My bus number (if any): RML2276 M1001 T806

Re: Scottish Scrap Yard Routemasters

Hi David

The scrapyard is on the A71 just off junction 8 of the M74 near Larkhall. Did it belong to Dunsmore? There were several RM`s visible from the motorway in the mid 1990`s but by 1998 when I finally had the chance to make a detour to see them there were just the two you mention - one of which was lying on its side and was still like that a year or more later. I took photo`s of these too. If I could find them I`d have the RM numbers for you but from memory I think RM 22 may have been one of them. RM 774 could have been the other. I`ve been past the yard a few times in recent years but the RM`s are long gone.

Re: Scottish Scrap Yard Routemasters

Hi David,

Here is a story for you..

Both RMs were intact until we approached the yard, who incidently were nothing to do with Dunsmores. The bus on its side we had done so we could aquire the B frame and other bits for Reading Mainline.

Rumour has there are still 2 RMs hidden at the back of Dunsmores yard, I have not been there so cannot confirm.