ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM 324

Me and partner decided to have a day out in london and while we was there we saw that the heritage fleet was running so we decided to have a ride on one as we haven't been on one of the marshel referbs,
Along came RM 324 so we decided to jump on that one and when the bus pulled away from the stop we thought that it would not make the journey talk about a rattle we thought it was going to fall apart i'm surprised that the crew even took the bus on the road into service.

Re: RM 324

Hi Dennis , I used to drive RM324 on the 13 bus route for several years and it was a very good bus ,Stagecoach are usualy very good about the condition and upkeep of there buses . I also saw RM324 Saturday at Trafalger Square but I was driving an RMA so couldn't have a spin on it,it's sad to hear that the Heritage buses are getting abit tired.

My bus number (if any): none yet!

Hi Jim,
Was it RMA58 that you was driveing as we saw it in the afternoon on the road.

Hi Dennis , indeed it was I also observed RM652,1933,1968 on the H15 & RM1979 with premium tours and RML2604 on a p/h with London General and finally I saw RT3435 going over Tower Bridge.

My bus number (if any): none yet!

stagecoach have stuffed theirs 1933 is hand painted not stripped back and repainted also the ones on the 9 are better i think stagecoach are giving up