ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RML 2502

RML 2502 seen pictured at Ensignbus, Purfleet

Re: RML 2502

Ah , so thats where its gone ! Did try to purchase this bus myself (been trying for 2 years !) Obviously my bid wasn't high enough . Would have been nice to have been told by argos I was unsuccessful tho' .

Will it be fully restored or sold on ? It's got a nice sounding iveco which made very little smoke when I test drove it at Kettering although the batts were dead and the flag brake and air lights were broken / removed

Mark

Looks like it had a cheap and nasty blow over and now the budget won't stretch to looking after it properly, so it's been sold.

it was painted purple by sec for argos , a green all over vinyl went over the top of the purple and is peeling badly . Will take a bit of work to remove it I would guess . A nearside window was crudely smashed to make a service hatch with a bit of a bodged shelf , bits of glass were still in the lower saloon in the gearbox trap . Inside its painted green , no seats downstairs but a full set upstairs which had been re-upholstered . From memory the last tax disc was dated 2006 since this time it had been stored on a distribution centre at Kettering . I have a good set of photos of it inside and out.
Mark

Are Ensign acting as agents for the sale of this bus,(or just storing it) ? If not,does anybody know who is ?

Argos did own RML2502 . A few months ago those who were interested in buying RML2502 were invited to make an offer to buy . They said to be in with a chance an offer in excess of £8 1/2 k was needed . Can only assume Ensign's offered this and argos tried to get other interested parties to better that ammount ??

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Hi all ,as far as I am aware Ensign own it outright and are just selling it like any other bus in their dealer stock.

My bus number (if any): none yet!