ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Routemasters for sale at LBC

Hi all , for sale at the moment at London Bus Company RM909 (Dartmaster),1371,1620(both from Canada)1691,RMC1516,RML2331 & 2547 and a selection of Metro's & Titans

My bus number (if any): none yet!

Re: Routemasters for sale at LBC

Moderator Please.

I am sure that Jim has posted this in the best possible faith, however he does work for this company whose business is to a large part bus sales. Therefore can we have a ruling whether this constitutes commercial advertising. In the years that this company has been in existence in its present form, we have never seen any indication of spare parts being for sale,nor for enquiries regarding interest in the commissioning of parts manufacture; which might have been of interest to readers, so accordingly I do not see why we should offer Mr Wright free advertising.

I already posted on the RM 416 thread the fact that there are RMs and Ms and Ts for sale at London Bus and Truck.

At the price they are quoting (£4000+) for non-runner Metrobuses and Titans they won't clear many out, the RMs are not exactly giveaways either. Someone there needs to look at what similar MOT'd buses go for on ebay!

Re availability of spares, there is at least one RML there that could be used to provide spares for other buses.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960.RMC 1458, RM 1585 and several RTs

Well said Roy.

Brian Watkinson
I already posted on the RM 416 thread the fact that there are RMs and Ms and Ts for sale at London Bus and Truck.

At the price they are quoting (£4000+) for non-runner Metrobuses and Titans they won't clear many out, the RMs are not exactly give-aways either. Someone there needs to look at what similar MOT'd buses go for on ebay!

Re availability of spares, there is at least one RML there that could be used to provide spares for other buses.

At £25k plus VAT for Cummins C-engined RML2486, one I used to drive at First Glasgow and £18k plus VAT for non-runner RMC1516,probably the same for RML2547 which is minus engine & gearbox, in this current financial climate, I think Brian has a valid point and I would be surprised if LBC DO shift many of them. I enquired on behalf of a friend and he baulked at those prices. He was prepared to pay up to what he thought was a reasonable £20k including VAT for a Cummins C RML.

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver & Restoration Consultant), bus is owned by Tom Allan

£18k for RMC 1516 ! ! ! ! well thats a nice £13k profit. !!!

Hi all ,as Roy says I put this post on as info for people that might want to be buying a Routemaster ,If you want to remove my post feel free to,I can see how it could be seen as a vested intrest on my part,It isn't but I understand why some people may think it is,I would post simular info if it was on ebay,car & classic,ensign or anyone else.hope this sorts things out

My bus number (if any): none yet!

hang on jg is only passing on the info buses mag dose this as well no one moans at them