ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stagecoach East London cream band paint code question

Hi All,

Does anyone know the correct paint code for the 1990s inspired Stagecoach East London shade of cream for the cantrail band that they had on route 8/15 RM/RML types? I think it is RAL1034 "Pastel Yellow"?

Thanks,
Tom

Re: Stagecoach East London cream band paint code question

When I worked opposite where the 15s terminated in Paddington, it looked like the colour LT originally used prior to the white and flake grey, i.e. Chiswick Cream. Quite a few RMs and RTs etc. with this colour band, so someone should have a code or supplier.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458 RM 1585, M 961 and several RTs

They used Chiswick Cream supplied by Brown Brothers Now defunct. We had a few spare tins off the back of the order.

Oil based and was not a RAL coded mix. RAL codes mixes are just not accurate for older imperial mixes.

Many thanks!
Regards,
Tom

Avenue Coatings
3 David Rd
Poyle Ind Est
Slough SL3 0TW
01753 686888

"T+R 2 pack Acrylic Chiswick Cream
SP 909953"

I got mine fron here in 2006 and it is accurate and excellent. I believe they supplied LT. Dont know if they are still going in these terribly hard triple dip recession times.

My bus number (if any): rm531