ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Locked LEZ subject

Any reason why the thread on the planned SuperLEZ is locked.

It's a serious issue with possible wide ramifications which may well need to be highlighted and sensibly discussed and representations made before it gets set in stone ( if it hasn't already }

It's important that those who may be well informed can pass on the info.

Re: Locked LEZ subject

The locked topic is not very helpful (so locking it in my eyes is good action by the forum
Owners) until the TfL policy documents or a consultation happens their is nothing we can do.

The mayor has made a sweeping statement. The devil is in the detail. As a operator it is business as normal for us bearing inmind our base is located just 7mile from central London.

A ultra lez in the format posted on the form will affect more then running Roumasters let's focus on the detail when it appears ratter then hot air.

Adam

My bus number (if any): RML2366, RMA58, RML2683

Re: Locked LEZ subject

I quite agree but it has been announced, they have a team of salaried advisors and from history, a lot of secrecy.

Whilst it's early & 7 years off but it could take years to negotiate. But the wake up call has been made.

I seem to recall the original LEZ proposals were dismissed and laughed off as never going to happen, but it did and at great cost to many companies. Fortunately, exemptions were made but only just.

I don't agree with name calling and knee jerk reactions but information and awareness ought to be flagged up freely.

Potentially, this does appear to have an affect to individuals and businesses.

Moderator's decision

I try and moderate with a light touch. The locked topic had started to arouse strong emotions in some valued contributors. The posts I deleted had moved away from mature discussion to publicising feelings about individuals, Local Government and TFL policy.

The guidelines for this forum are clearly stated above.

I no objection to mature discussion on any proposed changes to the London Emission Zone arrangements for heritage buses. The Routemaster Owners and Operators Association is the organisation best placed to act on our behalf on this matter when the details are available for consultation.

Chris Dobbing, moderator, ROOF & ROOM

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471. 2213 & GS 17

Re: Moderator's decision

Thanks Chris for the rationale.

I guess it is going to be rather emotive from a few perspectives and not just with bus owners and operators.

Mark

Re: Moderator's decision

In a similar vein, I remember having conversations with the Confederation of Passenger Transport regarding the forced withdrawal of high floor buses by 2015. That year is almost here too!