ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM 1621

RM 1621 has returned to Ensigns to have conversion work done. Anyone know how it got its non-opening front upper saloon windows given it has body B 1725 ?

Re: RM 1621

what sort of conversion is this one getting ?

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Think it's going to be a Cafe of some sort

Might be worth checking to see if it really is body B 1725. IE: plain trim round top of windows, two bolt gangway seat fixings etc. There are a couple of places on the body where the Park Royal body number is written in indeible black pen under the skin. If you could expose one of the numbers, say below the offside stencil carrier we could see what body it really is. Failing that it could be an accident repair.

My bus number (if any): RM 912

Its only in with us for MOT and is being repainted as well nearby.

I believe it was accident repair in its LT days and had the front grafted on from an early bodied withdrawn or accident damaged vehicle. Chris, you and I looked it at back in 2005 as it still had the interior front vents as well and I think you mentioned it had the front from RM28/9 but that was a long time back now and just from memory so don't hold me to it!

Steve