ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pub Bus RM2416...

Heard that this Pub- bus conversion was situated at the Crown & Stirrup Pub,in Lyndhurst,Hampshire.Seen photos of it ,taken in November 2012.Anyone (Jim Gilroy??!!)know if it is still there ? Out that way this weekend and was going to 'look it up'....

Re: Pub Bus RM2416...

Hi Buffsdad ,as far as i'm aware it's still there ,but I would say that it go's to various events ,so it could be there but might not be ,best thing to do is find out the pubs phone number and ring them up beforehand.There web address is www.hoponinn.com and there phone number is 07732468568,hope this help's you

My bus number (if any): none yet!

Alan, I don't think it will be at the pub as the owner of the pub bus has sold the pub late last year. As Jim suggests, best to phone up first.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458 RM 1585, M 961, M 271 and several RTs

For what it`s worth the bus was there when I went past about four weeks ago.
If you`re going from Lyndhurst towards Brockenhurst it`s on the left about quater of a mile after the one way system ends but you don`t see the bus until you`re almost on it as it lives tight against the perimeter fence.

An update to this thread....

I put the pub name into Google and among the various sites listed was one from the local paper on March 20th that had an interview with the new owner of the pub who took over at the end of February. So as Brian suggested the previous owner of the pub and bus has moved on - albeit later than originally suggested. So when I last saw the bus there it possibly only had days to go before being moved. And, unsurprisingly, it wasn`t there when I went past this afternoon.

A further update to this thread...

Our local radio station, Wave 105, which covers most of Dorset, Hampshire, Sussex and The Isle of Wight is running adverts regarding a pub bus (and specifically mentioning a Routemaster) available for hire in the region and likely to be attending events that Wave have an interest in. So typing `pub bus` into the search box on their web site www.wave105.com brings up a feature about the bus posted on April 5th.