ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Indicator Bulbs,

hi, I wondered if you can help me out?

I am refurbishing some indicators pictured below,

For which didn't come with any bulbs, is anyone able to tell me what type of bulb it should have?

As far as I can tell from the fitting it is a 24v 'ba15' can anyone confirm or tell me otherwise?

Cheers

My bus number (if any): RMF2771 (also known as RCN701)

Re: Indicator Bulbs,

Correction

12v 'ba15' - yes i do know it would be illegal to rewire it into 24v and loosing the ability for it to detect a blown bulb

My bus number (if any): RMF2771 (also known as RCN701)

12V / 21 W, I think, with bayonet type fixing. Is that the answer to the question you posed ?

My bus number (if any): RM1368

I believe the indicator bulbs are 12 volt, 21 watt, ba15d. Hope this helps.

My bus number (if any): RM44. RM1138

Matt Hart
Correction

12v 'ba15' - yes i do know it would be illegal to rewire it into 24v and loosing the ability for it to detect a blown bulb
Not illegal to rewire it. A blown bulb will probably show up by the dashboard light flashing quicker.

A walk-round safety check before you go out should detect a blown bulb. On the road, someone's likely to tell you!

My bus number (if any): RML2532 GS67 BEA MLL721 BEA MLL738 RT2629

You have to use the bulbs with two contacts, a lot of "car bulbs" only have one contact and will not work.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458 RM 1585, M 961, M 271 and several RTs

I'll look up the Ring lamp number tomorrow.

BTW, Ring can no longer supply the 24v 50mm interior bulbs, so it looks like we'll all have to use the LED replacements from now on!

My bus number (if any): RML2532 GS67 BEA MLL721 BEA MLL738 RT2629

Try The Lamp Company or Guardian.