ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
desperate...

realise being desperate isn't a good bargaining position, but thats just the way it is...
As everything is taking longer than expected plus life getting in the way, I'm running out of time to find and have repaired seat frames and cushions x 3.
I'm happy to pay good money for good originals or maybe someone will lend me some to give me breathing space to find and re cover in the style I want. I have alternator, starter, loads of oil seals, compressor, indicator ears etc as security or for swapping, if that helps clinch a deal.....

My bus number (if any): 1842

Re: desperate...

Can't help, but I wouldn't be parting with the compressor under any circumstances if it's a good'un.

Ian

I have looked back at your posts and cannot find one that says exactly which seat frames you need. On the U/S saloon that is not important save side, stanchion etc, but on the L/S it is very important as there are SEVEN different frames due to side and stanchion AND the position of the fixing holes.

I offered 20 frames for sale on here (stored in the UK) not that long back and there was a lot of interest. However, there are still frames at PVS, although apart from some still in place on upper saloons, they not in great condition, but apart from stanchion ones there must be a set of L/S frames there, they just need to be sorted out.

I have some spare L/S frames in France ex PVS, but it would not be financially viable to send them over.

Re cushions and squabs, although the squabs are different have you tried fitting DMS or M or T cushions?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458 RM 1585, M 961, M 271 and several RTs

Is there a LT publication anywhere out there that lists 'which style of seat frame goes where'? I have read various posts that do not explain/ clarify which frames fit where on which deck.....

Yes, there are parts lists and drawings that show seat positions and types of feet.

Getting back to helping Ian, I have just seen that RM 120 is reported as being in a scrap yard in Charlton SE London ( no futher details) and of course Rob Duker has advertised recently on here he had RM seat frames for sale.

Sorry, Brian, I've left so many messages all over the place, I've lost track.. As I only need 10 seatsin total....
On the off side, I'd like to reinstate the double seat over the rear wheels and the next seat in front of wheel arch with pole.
Now, this is where it gets difficult, in the holes for 3rd seat (from front)feet on each side, I'd like seats facing opposite way to create a more convivial space. I appreciate modification will be required.especially as I'd like the backward facing one on the near side to have a pole and stanchion. Am I asking too much?
;-)

My bus number (if any): 1842

Sorry to hear RM120's gone for scrap. I used to operate that many years ago along with RM121.

I thought you wanted the lower saloon back to bus seating?

I've seen back to back seating on RTs that is easy as its a wooden floor and feet can be screwed in, but with RMs it's not at all simple as there are captive nuts in the floor. Back to back seats will not pick up existing fixings.

You will have to find a way of inserting a floor fixing to take the bolts through the feet. Normally these types of restaurant type seating are done on static buses as I doubt a lashed up fixing would pass any sort of inspection.
Talk to Rob Duker re rear cross wise seat or look at going to PVS.

Ian

Have a chat to Martin Detheridge at LB4H Monmouthshire, he did exactly that for me when I had much modified RCL2250. The fixings he provided were engineered to a standard as good as the original, in fact better.