ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM 94 ROUTES.

Hi to all.
I have just put a model of RM 94 back to as it would have been a closed top so I was wondering if there anyone who knows what routes it used to be on,
many thanks Den.

My bus number (if any): RML 2613

Re: RM 94 ROUTES.

A lot depends on what period you want it to be. Original condition, at Turnham Green on 91, then to Poplar 5/A, 23, 48, 238, 284, (9, 56 Sun) until 1968, and then West Ham.
With later mods, white band, etc, (opening front windows gained in 11/76) it was out of Streatham, Elmers End, Walworth and in the 80s Camberwell. Best if you chose a date and then routes can be worked out.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458 RM 1585, (M 961, M 271 - both sold) and several RTs

Thanks for the info Brian,
the top half of the model that i have replaced from the open half that was on it does have route 9 on it so i think that will be the one i will leave on it.
Den.

My bus number (if any): RML 2613

RM94 was pulled out of the AEC dump and returned to service for a short time on the 65 route after the fire that destroyed a batch of metrobuses at HW.
I think both RM 84 and 94 were on the NB books for that few months.
This was long enough to allow selection for ERM conversion.

I think that's right but the memory fails me a bit, maybe someone can confirm.

That was RM84 - it was at NB for January/February '86 only.

I do not have a record of RM94 going there.

My bus number (if any): RM1368

Yes you might be right. RM 84 had a PD shedcode. But we also had RM92 which was shared with Kingston. It was withdrawn same time as 254 and donated a lot of parts to it in Kingston Garage.
Another of ours, RM 19, was also for some reason a preferred bus by Colin Curtis, who 'borrowed it' a couple of times whilst in service and also borrowed it from AEC a few times. No idea why.

Norbiton

Jack

Were you based at Norbiton? I was there for about 7 months from February 1985 until I transferred to Hanwell and then eventually Stamford Brook.

David

My bus number (if any): RML2276, M1001, T806

Re: Norbiton

I think I must have passed in 'tother direction. I was at NB but started at HL in the early 1970s a short stint at FW and the old V and Chiswick. Finished up at NB with the last RMs on the 65. Then went to Wincanton and on to Norbert Dentressangle.

Denis.P.
Thanks for the info Brian,
the top half of the model that i have replaced from the open half that was on it does have route 9 on it so i think that will be the one i will leave on it.
Den.

You can get away with either upper case or lower case blinds for route 9 as RM 94 was at PR from 11/11/59 to 7/9/68. PR had Sunday allocation with RMs on the 9 coincidentally for the exact same dates. RTs replaced RMs in 1968 for a short while

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458 RM 1585, (M 961, M 271 - both sold) and several RTs