ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Leyland Titan 'General' T66

I have been trying to find paint codes for T66 that was painted into 'General' livery in 1983. I have visited hundreds of websites and have come up with nothing!

I am the owner of T66 and it goes into the paint shop tomorrow to go back into that 'General' livery, and I need to tell the guys that are doing the works what colours I want! I am, still at this late stage, at a bit if a loss as to the exact colours I need, and may possibly just have to choose the colours off of cards tomorrow afternoon!

Does anyone have any records from the RM's that have been painted in that livery in the past of any of the paint codes, or names of the colours that were used? I also need to know the name if the font they used for the 'General' logo's, if anyone has any idea? Even the Internet doesn't seem to know!

Thank you for your help and time in advance, if you can help with any info, it would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

My bus number (if any): RML 2589

Re: Leyland Titan 'General' T66

Have you thought of contacting London General? They can be a bit enthusiastic at times.

Try Phil Margrave, he's the engineering director.

Hopefully your see this in time, but have you tried contacting the past/current owners of RM2116 Graham Lunn / Pete Legg. I do believe they post sometimes on here. They may well be able to help as this bus is in the same colour scheme.
Hope this helps..

My bus number (if any): rm158

How the repaint go mark

My bus number (if any): Wlt 826

The General Logos were traced from the B type bus in the LTM and then later scanned onto vinyl by L G
The first set were made for Aldenham by Terns in Birmingham and they may have a pattern.

The red is standard LT red and the black and white were also the standard LT shades of the period. The roof shades were carried ranging from red oxide to silver and grey. Various General / Faux Period liveries were all slightly different and all looked pretty good

London General had RM 87 and 1590 in a special General Livery to herald their formation.
Titans and Metrobuses were outshopped by Aldenham including M57 which also carried adverts for the centres refinishing services. I think RM1933 and 2116 were in Aldenham produced liveries but carried London Transport fleetnames.

Have to say you've left it very late to sort all this if it's due in the paintshop tomorrow, This sort of stuff takes a lot of pernicketty sourcing and research.

You should have asked earlier, someone will be able to give you the definitive info.

ja olen hollantilainen n seta