ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New owner... small problem

Hello to everyone,

I'm a new owner of a RM having desired one for a few years now. After driving it from Newcastle to the Midlands i can say i am loving it.
The RM that i bought is a 1961 fitted with a Scania engine by London Central in 2000. The problem that i have is that it doesn't always engage reverse gear. I can hear the hiss of air so i can't see this being the problem. The handbrake must be applied before engaging a gear, which i'm told was probably a mod added after LT was broken up.
I & a couple of friends believe the fault to be electrical & i'm told that it could be a faulty micro switch on the handbrake.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has come up against this problem and if so, how can it be rectified.

Many thanks in advance & i look forward to your input.

Paul

My bus number (if any): RM 1058

Re: New owner... small problem

Hi Paul
RM1058 Nice bus, we did think about buying it but we ended up buying another
RML and a RF.

Re Gear Box fault I don't think it will be to much hassle to sort out.
We are not to far from you so if you give me call I am happy to talk you through what the fault could be :)
07534 904650
Martin
London Bus 4 Hire .Com

My bus number (if any): RML2583 RM1357 RML2267 RML2323 RF269