ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Accumalator on E-bay.......

At the moment on Ebay there are a number of RM parts for sale. One that caught my eye was an accumulator which had a buy it now price of £300 or so .That sounds cheap to me ? I know they are rare, and condition is everything but even so...

Re: Accumalator on E-bay.......

Price advertised in not far short of a recon unit. However this item will have been hanging around for years and may well require recon itself, which is probably why it hasn't sold in the six months or so it has been on ebay.
It may be a good'un - it may not.

Thanks for that,Roy. Much as l thought but nice that you replied when others didnt....

So you expected a reply from RM owners about an opinion on the price of an accumulator that was on Ebay (and isn't now!) that as Roy says nobody could judge the condition of?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458 RM 1585, (M 961, M 271 - both sold) and several RTs

Apologies. My point was that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay and Roy confirmed that this was priced as a re con unit only. Cheers, Andy

As a guide, you can get accumulators refurbed for far less than £300, provide you have the old one of course, a quick search on here will show this was the subject of much discussion.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458 RM 1585, (M 961, M 271 - both sold) and several RTs

As a guide, you can get accumulators refurbed for far less than £300, provided you have the old one of course, a quick search on here will show this was the subject of much discussion.