ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Replacement wheels

I'm trying to discover who supplies the replacement wheels for RMs to take the 1000R225 tyres, I need a set for a customer abroad. Maker and part number would be useful.

Re: Replacement wheels

You really need someone to look at what is stamped on their rim, wheel centres are sized by tyre bead width not the tyre size other than the diameter, split rims are sized the same and as you know you will need to make sure the stud hole size is correct and of the cone type
Split rims are stamped as well, usually in this format B7.0HD20 which translates as 7.0 is 7 inches from outer bead to bead on the centre on a 20 inch centre, offset which is from centreline of two beads to outer edge of end flange that nuts go to comes into play as well.
I have dug into my memory and by chance searching on the net come across a name i have seen before doing multipallet deliveries for one of the pallet hub local depots.
http://www.aspectwheels.co.uk/contactus.php
Think there is another firm in south wales that make them as well, i would think that the ones fitted with 10R22.5 on RM/L's will be 7.0 x 22.5 in wheel centre speak which is about 10 1/2 inches face to open end (ie complete width of centre)
HTH

Mark

My bus number (if any): RM1414 sort of

Re: Replacement wheels

Thanks for the info. Aspect Wheels can make them to order, cost around £300 each plus vat and carriage.