ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Indicator ears

Hi . Does any one know where I can purchase front indicator ear bases / castings & mounts to body.
Or does anyone have one not being used that I could pay a deposit & borrow to see if I can get one fabricated .
Thanks in anticipation
Brian.

My bus number (if any): RML2616

Re: Indicator ears

Hi,
Indicator ears are not really something you can purchase complete. It took me a few years to assemble all of the parts.

The mounts were reproduced by the RMOOA a few years ago. I don’t believe there are any left but others may know different.

The swivels do crop up from time to time. Often eBay and rallies is the place to start but in recent years they have just been single units. The condition does vary a bit. I did pick up a spare from Showbus a few years ago.

The rubbers were again reproduced by the RMOOA. No idea if they have any left in stock. Again, originals do crop up on eBay once in a blue moon.

The lens I have picked up very cheaply over thee years but I have seen them priced up for about £30 each at rallies and eBay. I find that these were the easiest bit to get.

The centre reflector were again produced I think by the RMOOA. To be honest you could make these.

The camps which go round the rubber can again be made.

If anyone has one as a spare they are unlikely to part with them as they are so hard to get hold of.
Good luck.

My bus number (if any): RML2344

Thanks Tom.
It was the swivel & mount that I require hence
The question had any one got one to borrow
Which I would return after checking dimensions etc.
to see if I could get one fabricated.
Thanks again for replying
Brian.

I have at least one swivel spare, might have two. Also have some lenses.

My bus number (if any): RM 912

Hi Chris
Many thanks for the reply.
I will E.Mail you if that's OK.
Regards
Brian

Hi Chris
I have sent you 2 E.mails. I don't no whether you have received them
or not.
Regards
Brian

hi brian
i will email you from showbus meet i have what you are after if still needed

My bus number (if any): RCL2238

Hi Simon.
Many thanks for that.
Yes I do still require them so if you want to
E.Mail me that would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Brian

Brian,

Sorry I've not been in contact. Been snowed under with all sorts of stuff. Will look in the loft tonight.

My bus number (if any): RM 912

Hi Simon.
Give us an e. mail please when you get out the loft . (Ha ha ),,
Regards
Brian