ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Routemaster for sale

Hi

I have RM 219 for sale
engine AEC av590 fitted
repainted 2 months ago
tyres around in good condition
new interior
looking 22k
is currently in Europe but it is possibility of delivery to UK

My bus number (if any): rm219

Re: Routemaster for sale

martin
Hi

I have RM 219 for sale
engine AEC av590 fitted
repainted 2 months ago
tyres around in good condition
new interior
looking 22k
is currently in Europe but it is possibility of delivery to UK

Would be good to see this bus return to the UK as I drove it in the Kelvin Central Buses fleet, prior to that, RM219 was a Clydeside Scottish bus.

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver & Restoration Consultant, busowned by Tom Ireland)

Why does it need to come back to the UK?
Aren't there enough there already? At least in Europe we make use of them in a variety of ways and not let them corrode away in fields or locked away of sight as many are in the UK.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458 RM 1585, (M 961, M 271 - both sold) and several RTs

Brian Watkinson
Why does it need to come back to the UK?
Aren't there enough there already? At least in Europe we make use of them in a variety of ways and not let them corrode away in fields or locked away of sight as many are in the UK.

RM219 has quite a rich Scottish history Brian as it wore three different liveries in it's seven years north of the border, Clydeside light red & yellow, Kelvin Scottish two-tone blue & yellow and later Kelvin Central vertical red & cream livery. It would be good to see a Scottish preservationist buy and preserve it in the Kelvin Central livery and I have someone in mind who may be interested in doing so.

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver & Restoration Consultant, busowned by Tom Ireland)

Hi there, lm interested in this RM as l drove it back in the 90s with Kelvin Central Buses as fleet No 1941 RM 219, it was one of six aquired from Clydeside and was allocated to Old Kilpatrick depot. It had a Leyland engine at the time but was later changed to AEC, but was a sweet all round bus. After Kelvin it was sold to Routemaster Bournmouth then after that l lost it. Thought it was scrapped but still alive. Seen the advert on this site on November but its no longer on it. So if u can help me on this l would be so grateful.

Thanks

Paul.

My bus number (if any): Not got one yet