ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A sad looking group

May 29th 1981 and these RMC`s were dumped at Aldenham Works in varying stages of being stripped. Next to 1514 are 1454 and 1520.

There were more present than can be seen here and they went for scrap in three batches in July, September and October. I saw them a few more times after taking these pictures and as I recall they still had lots of what we would now call `invaluable spare parts` on them. Especially for RMC owners!

Re: A sad looking group

good detail shot of the rear emergency door there! It's a bit sad to see how badly damaged the roof dome were.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Re: A sad looking group

Wonder how many front U/S windows were removed prior to scrapping? There was always a shortage even of these when I was there might have been due to retrofitting a lot of plain windowed early RMs and not getting any more made.

Roof damage probably down to nobody taking responsibility for tree lopping after the LT/LCBS split.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458 RM 1585, (M 961, M 271 - both sold) and several RTs