ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Finsbury Park

Another year has rushed by and thoughts will soon be turning to "The do" in Finsbury Park.
As a country boy! I am unfamiliar with the area known as London but feel I would like to bring the old girl up to the smoke once more and wonder what the arrangement is for the weekend of July12th/13th.
I figure it is going to take the best part of the day travelling to get there so would be looking to overnight somewhere and am hoping that someone can put me right as to hotels or the like that have secure parking for Routemasters or even somewhere to park where we could possibly sleep in the bus.Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give or even tips as to what to avoid in that area.

Graham Smith

My bus number (if any): RML2478

Re: Finsbury Park

The only "secure" parking would be at one of the London garages that advertises such services, possibly London General at Camberwell. There's nowhere secure in London!

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Hi Graham

I am the events officer for the Routemaster Association and can confirm we have Finsbury Park booked from 12pm on the Friday, so anyone travelling long distances are more than welcome to arrive and park up in Finsbury Park from Friday afternoon. There will be security in the park on Friday night and (if you prefer) can sleep on your bus too. Alternatively there are a number of local hotels, I know most of the committee members are staying in a Premier Inn which is about a mile away.

I hope this answers your questions, if you need any more info please give me a shout.

David.

My bus number (if any): RM765 and RM548

A few people will be watching a football match on July 13th but it doesn't start until 20.00 BST so shouldn't affect exhibitors or visitors at Finsbury Park

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471. 2213 & GS17

Chris Dobbing
A few people will be watching a football match on July 13th but it doesn't start until 20.00 BST so shouldn't affect exhibitors or visitors at Finsbury Park

Good thinking Chris, the date is worth remembering, but I doubt there will be much interest by then, I am not expecting England to get any further than the last 8!

Should we get to the final on the 13th July then I suspect there may be a few people leaving Routemaster 60 early on the Sunday to get home and watch it on TV?

David

My bus number (if any): 765 and 548