ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy New Year

Thanks to all contributors for their posts and for their kind support on and off the forum during 2013.

The quality of the contributions is very good and in many cases excellent. I've found Neil G's contributions with the attached archive photos particularly interesting and the comments that follow them quite fascinating.

Happy New Year to all of you. 2014 has the makings of another interesting year.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471. 2213 & GS17

Re: Happy New Year

Thank you, Chris.

I`ve often wondered if people like seeing pictures of the LT that was and I`m happy to keep posting a selection of thousands that I have. To be honest, I enjoy it! After some twenty five years and several house moves, it`s been fun to re-open storage boxes and actually use the contents - hopefully for others to enjoy.
I was very lucky to have access to places on LT that many people would have wanted to have taken a camera to but my biggest regret is that I didn`t take more detailed pictures of things that could have been so useful years later. Hindsight eh? If only. And, like so many, I had a dislike of people in my pictures. How I wish I had captured images of my work mates at Mortlake and Stamford Brook. Funny isn`t it that many people who don`t want their picture taken react with absolute delight years later when presented with a shot taken in a place of good memories. I`m in that category too!

I`m sure many of us that contribute would say a big `thank you` to Chris for having the idea to create this forum and for the information and benefit many have gained from it. Electronically it`s so easy to `meet` here but does anyone else think, if the logistics could be overcome, it would be great for as many of the regular contributors as possible to actually meet in person. Not sure what we`d talk about if we did...........

Best wishes and a happy new year to everyone

Mark , RML2391

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Yes indeed, happy new year!

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Thanks Chris for providing the forum - A very Happy and Healthy New Year to everyone !

My bus number (if any): RML 2747

Don't know where my first New Year greeting vanished to but for the second time this year!

A Very Happy New year to all and especially to those who run and contribute to make this such an interesting forum in so many ways.

Jack