ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RML and RT for sale.

I have RML2676 for sale it's class VI tested offers in the region of £25k taxed and tested, and RT3316 for sale offers in region of £12k.

Both buses drive well however the RT is an ongoing project.

The RML is taxed as a bus rather than historic and is Cummins engined.

The RT is mechanically sound and starts up happily. The lower body frame has been rebuilt with Ash and many new panels. I would describe the bus as an ongoing restoration project as some panels are bare but is very much a case that the hard work has been achieved. The jicwood is needed for the upper deck ceiling and interior lower deck panels.

These buses are sold due to a change of personal circumstances and I hope they can find a new owner who will continue to look after them though the RT would ideally suit a keen preservationist to continue with the project.

Thanks
Tom

My bus number (if any): RT3316

Re: RML and RT for sale.

Hi Tom

Would you like me to list your vehicle on my new page http://www.theexpeditional.com/london-bus-sales/

Its a page I run completely free of charges. All i need is a little more detail on the spec of the buses and some photos if you have some.

Let me know
Thanks
Barry