ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Repair kit for AC 9 compressor

Does such a thing exist? Just been asked for one. TIA

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Re: Repair kit for AC 9 compressor

Not that I know of. I've got a spare overhauled unit in stock, but not cheap.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Hi Brian, you can get a set that includes rings and gaskets ETC but they have been overhauled so many times that most of them are pretty tired. I have had my own drama with my compressor. If you want a cheap replacement, contact Erentek,
or you can try Imperial engineering if you want yours overhauled.

My bus number (if any): RML2353, MB 306

Thanks Sergio where can these sets be obtained from?

You can get an Imperial overhauled one from the Routemaster Association without a warranty if you are prepared to pay a minimum of £750, but as our clients is a bus conpany with workshops they just want the rings and gaskets. On our RTs we have not changed a compressor in 15 years, we check the oil daily when working, maybe not necessary but seems to work.

PSV partsmaster do the kit, there are 3 sizes of rings, and bearings.
http://www.psvpartsmasterukltd.co.uk/
phone 01634 296 970

My bus number (if any): RML2353, MB 306

Thanks Sergio that is useful information not just for me but for others. I have used them before you should be aware that for accumulators etc they often act as agents and send stuff on to people like Imperial Engineering.

That's great information, but are you sure the website address is correct ? I can't get it to work, but maybe others can.

My bus number (if any): RM1368

They certainly did have a website, but not now it seems. Phone number is right though and I've always found them very helpful

Compressor and/or kit is not needed now, long story involving usual mix up of what the compressor does on an RM.

Please tell the story. We might all learn something.

My bus number (if any): RM1368

Simple really Andrew, like a lot of people unfamiliar with the RMs they assumed braking problems were due to the compressor which of course has no part in the braking system.
Now they are blaming the brake pump on the gearbox. Which brings us back as RTB told me to the brake problem thread a while back.

PS I cannot log into RMA anymore, sent a query, no reply.