ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Testimonial for Re-spray done on my bus.

Hi Folks.

I hope this is OK but I would like to leave a brief testimonial for the re-spray I have just had done on my RMC. I hope this is OK by the rules of the forum.

Last week I collected my after it had been in with Avery's at Leighton Buzzard for a full respray.

When we send our precious buses off for any major work or restoration work, it is not only the finished item that is important, but how we are kept in the loop from start to finish and how that firm listens to you and works to your requests.

Not only was the finished work excellent and the finish was beyound expectations (Even Graham Rixon who came with me to collect my RMC could not find any fault!)but it was done within the time constraints required. There was no surprises with the final bill. However the most important part for me was the fact that they spent the time at the beginning to make sure they understood what I needed and kept me in the loop through the time they had my bus and when they had any areas they were no sure about they checked and made sure it was right rather than just pushing on and assuming.

So come the day I am daft enough to get another RM and I need another paint job doing I would have no hesitation in going back to Avery Commercials in Leighton Buzzard.

I hope I have not broken any forum rules talking about a commercial firm, but I believe that were credit is due I would like to let others know about it, in case they are looking for similar services in the future and not sure about previous experiences.

At the end of the day for most of us our RM's are not just buses but are also part of our family, so being able to get excellent support and services from a commercial firm is important.

Anyway that's enough from me.

Cheers Mitch

PS - The only problem now is that I am worried about having an accident now, as when I drove home that day from collecting my RMC, all I wanted to do was gaze/look at the bonnet as I drove!!!!!!, plus the problem of jaw ache I had by the time I got home from having a stupid grin across my face all the way home!!!!!

My bus number (if any): RMC1462

Re: Testimonial for Re-spray done on my bus.

Glad you're happy with the paint job, it' always good to know where to get good ervice.

BTW, I still have a bit of window trim off 1462 waiting for you to collect, the bit below the top deck back side window...

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Keep a regular check to ensure that you don't have a battery drain to the body. Electrolytic reaction will soon damage that paintwork.

Hi Mitch

Nice to hear about your re-spray and the quality of the work and customer service you have just experienced. I too had RM548 re-painted recently and have been appalled by the quality and customer service I was given. I won't publicly name this company on this forum, but I wish I had known about Avery's a few months ago!

My bus number (if any): RM765 and RM548

hi mitch glad you mentioned Averys very good paint company and always take care of bus preservationists and to add a plug if you needed transfers put on brian and dave simmons are in the area varnish fix or vinyl .

My bus number (if any): RCL2238,RT,RF,RM

The paint job on2532 was done by a large company at Ashford who again I will not name, it looked shiny but looking at it in daylight revealed a very orange-peel finish. Not all that happy with it but it has lasted 5 years so far.

My bus number (if any): RML2532