ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM 2156

Seen in Spain, July 2013

At least it was sunny and warm

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471. 2213 & GS17

Re: RM 2156

nice to see 2156 in benidorm advertising the pet paradise park i last saw it in 2011 with a metrobus where it was parked in the carpark
bring back memories roy the bus

My bus number (if any): RCL2238,RT,RF,RM

Yep, that was one of mine at Nostalgiabus. It blew the engine up on a job at Ascot one day; we rebuilt the engine but it never ran quite right. I reckon we put standard pistons in oversize liners!

Roythebus
Yep, that was one of mine at Nostalgiabus. It blew the engine up on a job at Ascot one day; we rebuilt the engine but it never ran quite right. I reckon we put standard pistons in oversize liners!

CUV 156C, wonder if she still has her seats?

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver & Restoration Consultant, bus owned by Tom Ireland)

hi graham when i was last there igot a part shot inside and no seats visible i dont think the bench seats were there unless chris knows from his latest pics

My bus number (if any): RCL2238,RT,RF,RM

simon (squirrel preservation)
hi Graham when i was last there I got a part shot inside and no seats visible I don't think the bench seats were there unless Chris knows from his latest pics

I'm sure it could all be put back together again inside Simon if seat frames could be sourced, thanks for the info anyway.

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver & Restoration Consultant, bus owned by Tom Ireland)

Unless the engine problems I mentioned above have been sorted, which I doubt, I wouldn't touch this bus with a bargepole. The steering/front suspension had an awful loud knock which was probably due to an RTC before I owned it. It was never repaired properly.

Maybe bring it back and dismantle carefully for spares; why preserve yet another Routemaster?

My bus number (if any): RML2532

roythebus
Unless the engine problems I mentioned above have been sorted, which I doubt, I wouldn't touch this bus with a bargepole. The steering/front suspension had an awful loud knock which was probably due to an RTC before I owned it. It was never repaired properly.

Maybe bring it back and dismantle carefully for spares; why preserve yet another Routemaster?

Or give it to Rob Duker as he is an expert at resurrecting basket-case Routemasters?

Graham Laurie
simon (squirrel preservation)
hi Graham when i was last there I got a part shot inside and no seats visible I don't think the bench seats were there unless Chris knows from his latest pics

I'm sure it could all be put back together again inside Simon if seat frames could be sourced, thanks for the info anyway.

Do you know of a source of good seat frames Graham? Lots of people would be interested as there was quite a demand when I sold some.

Also can't see any indication that this bus is for sale or can be given to anybody!

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

I have a customer in Germany who may have seat frames for sale.

My bus number (if any): RML2532